Sunday, February 12, 2012

Just to clarify

Apparently there is a bit of concern over my reference to Muslims and Christians worshipping the same God/Allah so I think I should explain and clarify my words and beliefs.  It can be said that we do worship the same God of Abraham, but that is where it split and Muslims do not believe Jesus is the Son of God,  like Jews do not believe he is the Messiah either.  Muslims believe Jesus was a great prophet and he is revered as that.

For me personally, I do believe that we worship the same God.  God is the same God He was to Abraham as he is to us today.  He didn't change into a different God when religions branched off.  I can say to a Muslim, "I worship Allah and I follow Jesus the Christ" and be speaking truthfully.  And they would respect that and want to engage in conversation.

I highly recommend reading the book "Muslims, Christians, and Jesus" by Carl Medearis.  He is a Christian who has extensive experience working and living with Muslims, and he is an expert on Islam.  He works with international government and business leaders and speaks and conferences and universities worldwide.  His book really opened my eyes to the reality of Islam, the beliefs, and the misunderstandings many Christians and Americans have regarding it.   I hope you take the time to read it.

No comments:

Post a Comment