Monday, September 15, 2014

Play date fun


A couple weekends ago, Isla, Aberly's bestie, came over for a playdate.  
Remember these two hams?

We set up the small tent downstairs for them to play in while Em finished her nap.  I was working on the computer at the desk and realized there was gold going on next to me.

I had to start typing.  They talked fast, but I did my best to keep up.  I couldn't note who said what, but I hope you enjoy reading what they had to say.

Here is a snapshot of two five years olds (well, Aberly is almost five) conversation while playing.  

Let’s pretend there was a bad guy that loved candy so much that he was going to come get it. 
So we wrap it up in this bag so he wouldn’t know.
He is scared of cats.
Yeah, I turned into a cat and when we were a cat… we didn’t share candies!  Our candies, we didn’t share.
Well I did when you were sick.  Yeah.  Meow.  And you are sick.
So you didn’t know to not share it and I had my own blanket.
But we can only share these, our own blanket.\
Emalyn joins after waking up from her nap…
She likes that!  She doesn’t like that.  You’re cozy warm!
You want to try that?  You can have this.  Emalyn, here!  She does like green.  No, not  in my face!
Here, I’ll give you…  Aberly, you take one of your music candies and put it here. 
She is sitting on my blanket!  You need to be warm and cozy.   
Emalyn fusses…   
Okay, let’s just take it off.
Pretend you are just the big sister and we are two babies.  You’re the big baby and I’m the small baby, but you’re my mom baby.  
But you can talk lots of words.  Yeah.  She’s the smallest baby.  Pretend whenever I criss cross you snuggle with me.  No, you lay on my straight, like this.  No, oh yeah. 
Say hi to your new sister!  And then I got big and you’re a kid too.  And that’s out little baby.  Good girl!  Brush your teeth after you candy!  You can share candy with her but I don’t want to share my candy. 
Here, look, I need green.  I painted the sewing thing.  Look, I painted this into green!  So then I painted it, and then we needed to dry our blankets. 
Okay, let me just figure out my dance for tomorrow.  Cat, can I have this?  Pretend I’m just a kid and I need to write my new dance. 
And you got cold.
I’m going to put very nice writings on my blanket.  Remember, I’m making your favorite designs!
I’m make a pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty, pretty pretty design!  Humming…

After this, they went to play upstairs and wanted two rags to clean.  Clean away girls, clean away.  Whatever you think is fun!



No comments:

Post a Comment