Monday, January 25, 2010

What schedule, Mom?



Yes, Aberly has decided that after two days on her schedule, she isn't so sure she wants to keep it.  She didn't want to go down for her naps on Sunday and so far today, she seems to be fighting it as well.  Ah, the life of a baby!!! :-)

I think it's God's way of keeping me on my toes and not letting me get to hot-headed, which is a good thing!  A few weeks ago when Aberly was sleeping 7-8 hour stints at night, as soon as I bragged about that, it stopped.  After bragging about her schedule on my blog and to friends, that is being tested as well.  At first it frustrated me, but now I take it as a sign to be more flexible and patient.

Today I was skimming my Bible and the verses in Galatians about the fruits of the Spirit jumped out as me.  It reminded me that to be the best mom for Aberly, I need to show her those daily.  Joy, love, patience, and peace!  I know I won't always be perfect, but God calls me to display those.  It also reminds me that I need to pray daily for His help in acheiving that.  "I can do anything through God who strengthens me".  I don't remember where that verse is in the New Testament, but it is one that stays close to my heart.



  

1 comment: