Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Employed!

The last 24 hours were a whirlwind.  At the end of it, I was employed at TAISM for next year and this year.  Well, I need to wrap up a few details for this year but it should be set in stone soon.

Last month I found out about a full time job being available in the library for next year.  I contacted our admin department and scheduled a meeting with our school head for today, January 11th.  Yesterday, I received an urgent text message from the library head that read, "We have a position available immediately if u r interested.  Willing 2 consider part-time if match is good.  Stop by the library sometime this week is possible to chat."  So, I stopped by that afternoon and learned that the person who had been hired for the job couldn't end up doing the job and backed out at the last minute.  They were ready to have me jump in knowing it would be a perfect transition with learning the library and being able to pick up in the fall next year ready to go.  I could work half time no problem (if that was okay with the school head).

So I went into my meeting with him the next morning (today).  It turned out the job was a shoe-in, for this year and next.  No interview.  Just talking through the position, discussing pay, etc...  I was floored.  I expected a "here is what the job is about and we'll be doing interviews in the next few weeks if you are interested".  I had a job in my hands and when I started the part time was dependent on me and the library head working things out.

The only hitch for us is that we don't have a nanny and we don't have housing that allows for a nanny to live with us this year (that is how it works here, nannies live in maid's quarters in your home).  We would have the housing next year as the school would move us to allow for a nanny to live with us, but this year we would have to stay where we were.  I knew that we had two options to make this work. 

1.  The nanny that usually watches Aberly when I sub could agree to take Aberly on if her family was okay with that.

2.  If a former school nanny, who is currently doing part time cleaning jobs, had the time in her schedule to watch Aberly.  She is great and has wonderful recommendations.

I called Priscilla and asked her is she would be interested in working for us.  She said she would come meet with me this afternoon to talk.  She was on board the minute we sat down.  We just needed to confirm the hours so she could still do her part time cleaning in the morning and then work for us in the afternoon, and then would be full time with us next year if everything worked out.  This was a huge blessing for her as well as she wants to be back full time again and has been doing odd-jobs this year to make it by.

And that was that.  I went from being unemployed and waiting for sub job calls each day to earn extra cash, to being employed.  God works in amazing ways sometimes!


No comments:

Post a Comment