Sunday, September 16, 2012

Baby update

Yup, it's a baby!  Finally got in for my first prenatal and baby Price is moving and wiggling (literally) right along at 11 weeks.  Aberly came along with me and mirrored everything I did as a patient.  She especially loved hearing the baby's heartbeat at the ultrasound.  I think her eyebrows went up to her hairline.   This ultrasound was very basic and didn't show much detail.  Next week I will have a much better one.

Aberly was so patient waiting with me between each thing I had to do.  In Oman, you do one thing, go back to the waiting room, do the next thing, wait again...  So I first went in for my blood pressure and weight, and then went back to the waiting room, then we went in to see the OB/GYN, and then we went into the ultrasound room, and then we went back to the OB's office, then we went to do insurance, then we went to wait in the waiting room again until I got called for my bloodwork (which Aberly was highly interested in).  Aberly was a trooper.

For me, it was very reassuring to get in and see that everything was fine.  With coming back to Oman, getting settled, and jumping right back into work, pregnancy stuff got put on the back burner.   Seeing that the baby was moving and had a strong heartbeat was all I needed.  I can't wait to see the next ultrasound and see how he/she looks.  The do ultrasounds here much more often, so it's exciting not to have to wait until 18 or 20 weeks to see him/her.

All in all, we are very excited and are looking forward to seeing my stomach grow and have Aberly get to feel her baby sister or brother start kicking :-)

1 comment: