Saturday, September 15, 2012

Summer again...

So I sat down tonight to blog and thought "I know I should blog, but what to blog about?"  Probably not the best way to do your blog.  Coming with an idea or updates to write about is a bit more productive.  Nonetheless, I did not do that tonight and decided to look back through my last few blogs to figure out what I should do. 

As I looked at them I thought, goodness, where are all the pictures of our summer?  I felt like only 1/2 of our summer was represented but I swore I posted more pictures.  Then I realized most of those had gone to Facebook since they load a lot faster there and the blog got the short end of the stick.  Ah, that would be why the blog looks so sparse of events.

And that is how I decided what to blog about.  Not much writing, just a photo "montage" of shorts to fill in some gaps of our summer and to re-highlight some of the great things we did that didn't get enough press coverage. 

Besides that, work is going well, Aberly has decided napping is a thing of the past (most days), Colin is back to his work out regimen, I have my first prenatal appointment tomorrow, our nanny turns out to be the best cook and we had fantastic apple pie for dessert tonight (and many great dinners prior to this), the weather is yes, hot and humid, Aberly yammers our ear off all day long narrating just about everything in life, and I oddly, am getting sick.  It's been slowly creeping up on me today. 

 Three generations
 
 Look, I'm riding a tractor!!! (Aberly reminded me tonight as we looked through pictures)
 Diner breakfast in Pendleton.  Cheese!
Hiking around our cabin at Wallowa Lake
Aberly and GeeGee at by the lake.

 
 Aberly and the guys on a quick hike.  This pond was a beautiful spot to stop and rest.

Aberly liked playing puzzles with her great aunt Beep (Beatha) when we briefly visited her in Seattle along with attending a wedding for Colin's childhood friend, Andrew.

  
Former playmate besties!  Katie and Evelyn.

 
"Hey, that's my friend GeeGee!"  (Aberly's words often when she sees pictures of Nancy)
Connor's birthday hike around Shevlin Park.

I don't know where she got it, but Nancy had tons of energy to give Aberly each day we were with her!

A last visit to the Kents to see their new baby Jonas.  Colin certainly looked wishful for his own from this picture and unknowing to us, Baby #2 had recently been conceived!  God says, "Get ready!"

Aberly loved playing at the fountains downtown Corvallis.
 
 Me and my pal Papa.  Nana was a good pal too, but Aberly loved helping her Papa with his daily chores, especially outdoors.

 Aberly is always a very big girl when she gets haircuts.

I was so thankful to get a visit from my dear high school friend and her twin girls.  Aberly had a great time playing with Leah and Ali.
 
 Getting to visit long time church friends, Fred and Leslie Wilhelm.  Can you tell it was a tad windy?  Wouldn't be the coast without it!

 And we got to see our dear family friends, Don and Chris Nathman, at the coast.

 A highlight of the summer was getting to meet Connor's fabulous girlfriend, Jess.  I hope she is around for a long time!

One of the few shots of just us.  We are a blessed couple!





No comments:

Post a Comment