Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I'm 2!

It's been a whirlwind of a month, and Emalyn's 2nd birthday came and went like a flash.  But it was a fun day with some of her fun little friends.

I have to admit I felt guilty the night before her birthday.  My mental energy had been so focused on Easter and some other events earlier that week that her birthday really snuck up on me.  Luckily, I had at least put out the little party invite a few weeks prior and there were people coming.  I knew that Emalyn would have no idea that I had put so little thought into her birthday, but still, I felt like I had failed just a little bit as as mom.  Thankfully, the day went really well and those feelings of guilt went away quickly.

So yes, we now have a two year old who is growing, changing, talking more and more, and entertaining us throughout each day.   She is fiery, joyful, passionate, vocal, and loving.  She loves being with us and her big sissy, she loves going places (go go car???), and she is so excited by the world around her.  She is such a blessing to our family!

Happy Birthday morning!  Pancakes!

It's my party!  I'm super cute in the crown Aberly mede me.

Snacks with friends (Bend and Cooper)
 
Time to swim and play in the sprinkler!

I'm having so much fun!

I'm pretty sure if you look at my photo album as a child, my 1st or 2nd birthday party looks like this.  Naked babes in a pool.

Blowing out candles.

I did it!

Family photo

The "big kid" attendees

Aberly was a good helper.

One of many fun presents. 

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO OUR SWEET EMALYN HOPE!

No comments:

Post a Comment