Sunday, September 25, 2011

It's been a week!

This past week has flown by.  I had no idea it had been almost a week since my last post with our new car pictures.  School is in full swing and Colin is still enjoying his job!  I am still enjoying being a stay-at-home mom and full-time wife.  My day-to-day schedule involves playing and chores.  Aberly has started independent playing much more, so it feels great to be able to clean the toilets, sweep, or vacuum without her needing attention.  It also makes her nap time more open for me to relax as well, instead of run around cleaning for two hours.  After Aberly's nap, we play here until about 3:20.  That's when we take a walk to school so she can play on the equipment and then we "find daddy" in his classroom and walk home with him at 4:00. 

Speaking of playing, we are part of a rotating playgroup of five kids.  Maybe I've mentioned this before.  We host playgroup at our house once a week (Saturdays) and then the rest of the days go between the other four houses.  I usually go to it a couple other days besides the one we host.  Playgroup can be draining to do every morning, and it's nice to use one or two mornings to run errands if needed.  It's been a bit strange to adjust to since I'm the only stay-at-home mom.  The rest of the women there are the nannies.  They are all very kind, wonderful women, but they are also all Philipino and go back and forth between speaking in English and their language at times.  They also call me "madam" which is the common name to call your lady boss, but since I'm not their boss, I hate to think they call me that thinking I'm still above them.  I imagine with time it will be easier and more comfortable, and maybe they'll all call me Kelsey eventually. 

 It was a rough week since we had acquired Aberly's cold and were both feeling under the weather.  Colin and I were both feeling grumpy and short-fused from being sick, so Aberly about drove us batty.  By Wednesday, we were generally in the clear and got to enjoy the weekend after losing the one before it to a sick child.  Thursday we got to go over to some friend's home for a BBQ with other TAISM staff.  Aberly played all night with the kids there so we felt the joy of freedom.  Friday was awesome as we joined some of our neighbors/TAISM coworkers at a beach about an hour away.  It was a gorgeous drive there; through the rocky passes, through villages with wandering goats and donkeys, past green farms in the desert.  The beach was awesome and the water even better.  Aberly played all morning in the sand with her toys and splashed in the water.  Colin and I enjoyed swimming out past the waves, watching fish dart around us.  The rocks around the beach were amazing too.  Many of them threaded with crystal.

Here are some pictures from that trip.






To cap off the great day at the beach, one of the pre-school teachers from the school took Aberly for the evening to play so Colin and I could get out for a date night.  We had hoped to go to a recommended Indian restaurant, but when we got there, we discovered it didn't open until 7:00, and being that we told Liz we'd be home by 7:30, that wasn't going to work.  There was another restaurant downstairs called Left Coast, so we had tapas and drinks there instead.  Not the same cuisine by any means, but a great view and cool restaurant.  Aberly did fantastic with Liz and her husband and they encouraged us to do a date night weekly just so they could have Aberly.  Really?  Seriously?  We'll try to work that in.

No comments:

Post a Comment