Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Licensed

Today we got our driver's licenses.  Compared to yesterday's experience of getting a residency card, this was quite easy.

It's really similar to getting your license renewed, except with a quick vision check (reading the smallest letters on an eye test poster).  You take a number and wait in line, twice.  The first number is to get your eye check, and then when that is approved, you get another number to wait for you turn for them to do your paperwork.

Most of us got through fine and dandy.  I unfortunately, did not.  Apparently something was amiss with my residency card.  Something hadn't gone through right in processing and they wouldn't allow my license to be issued.  Thank goodness our school guide (and Omani man) worked with our bus driver (a former Omani police officer) to go back to the immigration offices to get it fixed ASAP.  I had to go between the two places in the bus with him to get my residency card re-verified and my thumbprints checked. 

All in all, smooth. 

1 comment: