Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Blogging...

Sometimes I get overwhelmed thinking about blogging because I have so much I could share and trying to remember all of it to put on here is hard.  I'll have moments each day of like, "I totally should blog about this" and then the day is over and all of a sudden it's two days later and I can't remember all those little things.  Sigh.

Yesterday and today's weather made me smile.  CLOUDS.  And lots of them.  And they were gray, and big, and beautiful.  It may have still be 90 degrees outside, but inside, where the AC was running, I could pretend it was like October weather back home.  I could pretend it was a cool, overcast Fall day, where I was hunkered down inside.  My capris and tank top would visually argue this, but I could pretend anyways.  The best part of today's weather is that the gray, big clouds brought thunder and lightening.  Not tons of it, but enough to be moved and have those "body chills" when the loud rolls came through.  I got to see some awesome bolts of lightening in the nearby mountains while Aberly napped and I watched "Deserving Design" online.

Thank goodness for online shows.  We have no TV here (we can get it, we just haven't cause that costs money) so all of our viewing pleasures come on the computer.  Our poor computer is getting its life worked out of it this year.  Aberly lives for Elmo's World and "Einstein", as she calls it, (Baby Einstein).  She will literally grab our faces sometimes, look us square in the eye, and say "Einstein"?  When she isn't glued to her shows, Colin and I find time to catch our faves, which is in the evening or when she naps.  Amazing Race, Project Runway, and ANTM top our list.  30 Rock and Outsourced should be starting soon, we hope!

Aberly continues to make us laugh as she grows and learns.  Her talking increases each day and we are amazed to think how much she has changed in the last month and a half.  Although her language is limited, we can communicate with her so well and that makes life so much easier in some ways.  I'm sure she loves it to.  Now she can tell us when she wants or needs something.  Some positive, "Change diaper", "juice/milk/water", "yes, no", etc..., some negative, "Stop it", "No!!!", "Mine".  She can identify shapes and colors (genius, we're sure) and loves playing with her baby (and baby's nummies and blanket).  If ANYONE tries to touch/play with baby or baby's accessories, she will turn into a protective hawk and come in for the kill.  Aberly and I still attend playgroup a few times a week and it's so great for her to play with her little friends.  There are, of course, arguments and yells between toddlers as they share and take turns, but they learn a lot from each other and enjoy playing with different toys at each house.  Aberly loves the ball pit (balls in a kiddie pool) at Liam's house (she calls him Lemon). 

We still do our best to have family adventures on the weekends and do fun things together.  This past weekend we explored the Muscat proper area and old town.  We played at the park and climbed an old watch tower by the ocean.  We are thinking of going beach camping in a few weeks for a quick overnight with some other families.  Oh, and I am helping coach/referee volleyball at the school which has been great fun, I am doing yoga once a week, we have joined a book club, and Colin plays ultimate Frisbee once a week. 

Here are some new pictures of our fun here the last week...




 Aberly has started sleeping with a pillow...

 Juice and snack break while playing with friends at the school during ultimate frisbee night. (with Liam)
 Aberly, come back with those snacks! ( with Isla)
Oh no, I lost a Kix under the table!

No comments:

Post a Comment