Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Halloween!

I'm so excited for Aberly's first Halloween next week!  Even though it's not celebrated locally as far as I can tell, some businesses cater to Westerners here who do since there is a pretty good population of us.  Some hotels have Halloween parties and the stores will sell pumpkins and costumes although the can be priced very high for the special demand.  I haven't bought a pumpkin yet and I need to look around a bit to see if they are even priced reasonably before I do.


Luckily, one of the random things I did pack for Aberly was a girl pirate costume that I got as a hand-me-down after she was born.  When I got it, she was like, 4 months old and it was obviously too big but I decided to keep it in the "2T" box of future clothes.  I'm so glad I did!  When we were packing to move here and I was looking at bringing clothes for when she got bigger here, I saw it and thought, eh, it looks about right size-wise for this year.  I also decided to pack a felt pumpkin trick-or-treat bag my mom got on clearance last year.  I didn't even know for sure if we'd get to use them.  Well, we will and I'm very excited.


Halloween stuff is on the roll at the school here. The school has their Fall Festival party tonight for toddlers and elementary students.  It's really a Halloween party.  Being kosher and naming it something all cultures can be comfortable with here at the school.  Kind of like "Winter Concert" instead of a "Christmas Concert" in the states.  I might go with Aberly for a bit although it does cost money since it's a big ta-do. 

Next week on Halloween, the staff kids can go trick-or-treating around the on-campus housing which will be so fun for Aberly to do with all of her little friends.  I think she will think it will be super fun, we'll just see.  I will be that parent following my kid around with a camera glued to my face since this will be her first "active" Halloween.  Last year she fussed most of the night in her make shift ballerina costume as she got tired and didn't seem aware of the glowing orange orbs on our porch with fun faces. 

Here are some fun pictures from last year for memory lane...  All smiles before she got grumpy!






No comments:

Post a Comment